"Creating wealth, caring for the people and the environment,
building communities and reducing poverty"
About our Association
THE CHAMBER OF MINES OF THE PHILIPPINES is an association advancing the interest of mining, quarrying and mineral processing companies for the efficient exploration, development and utilization of minerals in consonance with sound economic, environmental and social policies.
The association consists of members coming from exploration, mining, mineral processing and services industries including professional associations. The members are united by a shared commitment to the principles of economic growth, sustainable development and as government's partners in development.
The benefits of being a member:
We are the main lobby Group advocating for
responsible mining. We lobby on the industry's behalf in the areas of:
- Effective framework and progress in the grant of tenements, ECCs and other government requirements
- Financial and taxation matters
- Indigenous people concerns and NCIP process
- Mining land rights and security of tenure
- Mining regulations
- IPO listing and securities concerns
- Research and developement
- Value adding
- CSR and Environmental concenrs
- Media, NGO and government relations
- We disseminate information and updates to the members thru our website/email/fax.
- We attend to various meetings relevant to the industry
The Chamber Presidentis a member of the Minerals Development Council - Office of the President and Chairman, Investment Promotions Group.
network with ASEAN and Asia Pacific Countries thru the ASEAN Federation
of Mining Associations (AFMA)
- We provide networking thru our yearly events, roundtable discussions lecture series and other gatherings
- We have close association with foreign embassies and are members of several organizations like PCCI, ECOP, PhilExport, PBSP, etc.
- We network with CREBA and the Contruction and Electrical Engineering Associations
- We also Network with the University of the Philippines, Ateneo de Manila University and CBCP
- Establishment of EMS in Small and Medium-scale mining/quarrying
industries thru PEARL2 (CIDA Project)
- Manpower Survey
- Profiling of the Mining Industry's Salaries and Benefits or Compensation package
- CSR Guidebook for the Philippine Mining Industry
- CSR Institute
Artemio F. Disini
Benjamin Philip G. Romualdez
Nelia C. Halcon
Ronald S. Recidoro
VP for Legal and Policy
Atty. Gaspar R. Andres
Mr. Artemio F. Disini - Eramen Minerals, Inc.
Mr. Benjamin Philip G. Romualdez - Benguet Corp.
Mr. Eulalio B. Austin, Jr. - Philex Mining Corp.
Mr. Gerard H. Brimo - Nickel Asia Corp.
Mr. Bryan U. Yap - Lepanto Consolidated Mining Co.
Mr. John B. Ridsdel - TVI Resources Dev't. (Phils.), Inc.
Mr. Hyun Yong Cho - Rapu-Rapu Minerals, Inc.
Mr. Alfredo C. Ramos - Atlas Consolidated Mining & Dev't. Corp
Mr. Takanori Fujimura - Coral Bay Nickel Corp.
Mr. Angel N. Veloso, Jr. - PASAR
Mr. Justin Hillier - Sagittarius Mines, Inc.
Mr. Jose P. Leviste, Jr. - Oceana Gold (Phils.), Inc.
Mr. Louie R. Sarmiento - PMSEA
Mr. Cesar Ibañez Lao-as - PSEM
Mr. Joey Nelson Ayson - PMEA
Corporate Social Responsiblity Committee
Information & Publicity Committee
Membership/Ethics & Standards Committee